loud snap sound rubber door washing machine all puckered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a hotpoint aquarius extra WMA44. It was just starting to spin when I heard a loud snapping sound so I switched it off straight away and have emptied it or water and clothes as the machine still works. The retaining clip on the outer rubber seal is fine but I was wondering if perhaps the retaining clip on the back of the rubber seal has snapped as this cannot be seen without taking the washing machine apart and I don't want to do that unless necessary.

if this clip snapping would cause a puckering of an otherwise fine rubber door seal then I can replace that but what I was worried about after reading other posts is that something called the spider has gone. Is there an easy way to see if this is the case?

Sponsored Links
Remove the lid and look at the 2 springs that hold the drum up. One of them has snapped

thanks Rocks1. Have you any idea what could have caused it to snap or is it just general wear and tear as I don't want to change the spring and then have it go again.

Just wear and tear they come in a pack of 2 you might wanna change both otherwise the other side could go oneday.

Sponsored Links
Just wear and tear they come in a pack of 2 you might wanna change both otherwise the other side could go oneday.
also worth it as they stretch, so you would have a lopsided drum if you only change the one, have fun changing them!! :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks rocks1 :D All fixed. Boyfriend pulled a muscle whilst putting spring on. I was just holding the drum up. BF said it would be really difficult to do on your own and we'd recommend to anyone else doing this to get another person to help hold the drum up so the spring can be better pulled up and into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back