Lounge wiring - 2 lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been struggling to try and figure out how to wire up the lounge in my flat. I basically changed the lights over and forgot to write down how it was wired - idiot.

Anyway, There is a 2-gang switch that should switch on each light independently. There is two looped red wires connected to the Cs on the switch, a blue wire on the first L1 terminal and a yellow wire on the second L1 terminal.

The first light is wired and working correctly, it is wired like so -

L - Black wire
E - Green wire
N - 2 Blue wires
Extra(?) - Three Red wires.

The second light is where it goes wrong. It has -

2 Red wires, 1 Blue wire, 1 Black wire and one yellow wire.

I've tried so many combinations but none have worked so far to get the light to switch on independently. The best I've done so far is to have the second light on, but it also switches the first light on.

Any help much appreciated, cheers

Sponsored Links
Firstly, you have changed the wiring at the switches. Have you also altered the connections at the light fittings?

I've kept the wiring the same at the switches, just replaced the switch with a new one.

At the light fitting I've removed the rose, but like I said before, forgot to take notes when I did so. But i haven't altered anything else.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back