low acheavers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to the school open night for my youngest who is starting secondary school in September. It was blinding. There was so much going on. It's just got academy status so they have the chance to apply new disciplinary procedures: not putting up with any nonsense and acting quickly to sort it out. The parents are complaining there is too much discipline. The same barmy families were not to be seen at the open night. Their kids will probably be low aspiration low achievers and be potentially disruptive. Its just great irony the kid's that get want to get on at school will be the future people that will pay for their total existence.

Sponsored Links
Imo, the abolition of discipline in schools is the very reason we have the problems we have now.

So fair play to them.

h/woodwork.
which school is it??.
not in the same town as the school where the teacher took a little holiday to france by chance is it? ;)

my kids go to a academy school,having a bit of work done on it at the moment :LOL:
my eldest has left now,but my middle child is there and he has just been given an i pad to do his work.must have cost them a bloody fortune.
and you are correct discipline has improved and so has attendance and results.

which in my view is better in the long run for the children to gain a better education and be taught to show respect to people they have contact with.
i think there has been a generation lost through bad teaching methods and lack of morals being taught and this will continue for a few years yet, :(

Sponsored Links
Imo, the abolition of discipline in schools is the very reason we have the problems we have now.

So fair play to them.

Hit the nail on the head there.

That's a big part of the story, but imagine if they brought the cane back into schools now. Teachers would be scared to use it on kids for fear they may have a lunatic parent who will be coming in to knock them out or worse.
It's the same problem the social workers mentioned in the other thread have.
And anyone else who deals with (lets be honest) the working class, and the underclass.

I went to the school open night for my youngest who is starting secondary school in September. It was blinding. There was so much going on. It's just got academy status so they have the chance to apply new disciplinary procedures: not putting up with any nonsense and acting quickly to sort it out. The parents are complaining there is too much discipline. The same barmy families were not to be seen at the open night. Their kids will probably be low aspiration low achievers and be potentially disruptive. Its just great irony the kid's that get want to get on at school will be the future people that will pay for their total existence.
Surly you meant to say, low-achievers?

Wotan

Wotan

Surely you meant to say surely?

Wotan

Surely you meant to say surely?
Aw heck, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones, I hang my head in shame :oops:

Wotan

Happens to the best of us mate.
Blame it on the Saturday night booze. :LOL:

h/woodwork.
which school is it??.
not in the same town as the school where the teacher took a little holiday to france by chance is it? ;)

(
Not the only town with a harbour :idea: It`s probably N******n School there needed a shake up

It's not just in schools that the lack of discipline shows though. Society in general is on a downward spiral. I blame some of it on this Human Rights malarky, where almost everyone bleats on about their "rights". Criminals and law breakers claim "Human Rights". Their solicitors / lawyers bleat on about them, whilst conveniently forgetting any human rights , their victims had. Courts uphold these same rights when crims are incarcerated, again conveniently, the true victims rights are totally forgotten.
Nothing short of shameful.

Sponsored Links
Back