low acheavers

iirc my boys school on the 1st day of them being an academy they sent home over 60 pupils who were wearing incorrect clothing/shoes.
somehow dont think this happened when they were under the old rules?

Sponsored Links
The teachers think its great and less stressful, because they can spend more time teaching kids that want to learn

Imo, the abolition of discipline in schools is the very reason we have the problems we have now.

So fair play to them.

Hit the nail on the head there.

That's a big part of the story, but imagine if they brought the cane back into schools now. Teachers would be scared to use it on kids for fear they may have a lunatic parent who will be coming in to knock them out or worse.
It's the same problem the social workers mentioned in the other thread have.
And anyone else who deals with (lets be honest) the working class, and the underclass.
I think we should bring back the cane, but only for consenting adults.

Sponsored Links
Happens to the best of us mate.
Blame it on the Saturday night booze. :LOL:
It doesn't matter, drunk or not, truly intelligent people can always spell.

Not true, not claiming to be intelligent but was the best speller in primary and almost top in secondary school, but at 52 yrs old, my spelling and punctuation have seriously gone down hill.

I think that hoping to improve discipline in schools is like flogging a dead horse (no pun intended). The real problem arises before school age, thanks to ineffective parents.

As the Jesuits say: 'Give me the boy until he is five and I'll give you the man'.

Having ploughed through the whole thread, I find myself broadly in agreement except for one thing that I here all too often. It usually goes along the lines of "there's no respect for teachers anymore". There are many variations on that theme but most of them have one thing in common: they come from the mouths of people who don't know the difference between respect and fear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Armed with a cane, you can instill fear in your pupils. :evil: :evil: :evil: If you want respect you have to earn it. Micilin got it right:

micilin said:
got respect by force of their personality and strict but consistent code.

tos-ser said:
I think we should bring back the cane, but only for consenting adults.

There's many a true word spoken in jest. I wonder how many aficionados of the cane were getting some perverted sexual satisfaction out of the proceedings? :?: :?: :?:

It usually goes along the lines of "there's no respect for teachers anymore". There are many variations on that theme but most of them have one thing in common: they come from the mouths of people who don't know the difference between respect and fear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

From a usually sensible bloke (you, not me) that has to be the most ridiculously sweeping statement I have heard on this forum.

Absolute madness.

As a person who during my school days had my hands caned to the point they became numb and after the metalwork teacher positioned me over the Anvil and caned me resulting in severe bruising to my ar$ e and back of my thighs--I have my own opinion.
It was a barbaric act -which left a major impression on me up to this very day.
HOWEVER- in retrospect- it taught me a valuable lesson indeed.
I was not caned for nothing .
I had done wrong .
I deserved it .
It helped me to conform .
Most importantly though- it made me think twice before I did something stupid again.

BUT- if anyone caned my daughter while she was at school-- I would have been right round to the school and shover the cane up the teachers ringpiece.

It's only looking back that we realise that the teachers got it right .
A good sharp shock- makes kids thing twice ,.

These days- lots of recent 'ex-kids' have no manners, no standards and certainly no respect for anyone, anything or even themselves..
That's why lots of them are sat on street corners drinking cider and smoking dope and couldn't give a monkeys about anyone or anything .

National service may have helped things .

In conclusion-- the little buggers need sorting out before they learn the 'wrong' way of life .

BUT- if anyone caned my daughter while she was at school-- I would have been right round to the school and shover the cane up the teachers ringpiece.

You're the violent parent who makes teachers too scared to enforce the rules at school.

You're the violent parent who makes teachers too scared to enforce the rules at school.

Give it a rest little chap.
You really do get tiresome throwing insults at me on every post I make.

Hardly an insult calling somebody who is proud to attack a teacher a violent man.

Was it a violent crime the Yanks wanted you for?

Back to original subject.
Caning served its purpose all those years ago.
Since it was abolished - standards have certainly lowered.

Old cliche- 'it never did me any harm' will always apply.

A good, short shock - makes a impression for sure .
BUT- times have changed and not for the better.
That's why so may 'thick' kids leave school these days .

It's a generation thing . It will never go back to those days .
Teachers cant even put a hand on a kids shoulder these days .
Call that progress ? I think not .

Bit your violent tendencies are absolutely key to the subject matter.

Teachers are scared to discipline children because, in part, they don't want the thug parent to come round and ram something up their jacksie.

Just like what you have said you would be happy to do, proud to do even.

So were you wanted by the Yanks for a violent crime?

..... quote..BUT- if anyone caned my daughter while she was at school-- I would have been right round to the school and shover the cane up the teachers ringpiece....unquote

And they wonder why the kids are turning violent when parents are making statements like that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back