Low Disc Space Warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting the above on my windows 7 computer.
I have 3 drives :

Local disc C
Recovery D
New Volume F

It is happening on the recovery one with 2.87 mb free.
I cant move the files as they seem to be needed for recovery.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
E

EddieM

*Assuming* they are partitions you could always resize the partitions or you could get rid of some of the recovery data sets.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*Assuming* they are partitions you could always resize the partitions or you could get rid of some of the recovery data sets.

Hi Eddie

Long time mate.

Can I move files from recovery to F without it causing me any problems?
That warning is really annoying me now!
:evil:

E

EddieM

Bear with, I think my HD set up is the same as yours. I'll fire up the lappy and see how best to proceed.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
E

EddieM

The recovery drive (and I suspect it is a partition in your case) is backup if things go **** up.

You won't break windows by deleting it, you just won't have a back up for windows - but the idea of a back up on the very drive it is back of for is pants on head retarded anyway.

Create a USB backup (you can buy a 32gb USB stick for £10).

Then delete the partition.

http://www.howtogeek.com/139710/rem...rtition-and-take-control-of-your-hdd/[/QUOTE]

Well admittedly no good if the HDD crashes, but useful in other scenarios, where the drive is in tact.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The recovery drive (and I suspect it is a partition in your case) is backup if things go **** up.

You won't break windows by deleting it, you just won't have a back up for windows - but the idea of a back up on the very drive it is back of for is pants on head retarded anyway.

Create a USB backup (you can buy a 32gb USB stick for £10).

Then delete the partition.

http://www.howtogeek.com/139710/rem...rtition-and-take-control-of-your-hdd/[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

My youngest daughter has just bought a new lappie so I backed up the recovery onto my Linux computer and made hard copies on DVD.

EShLL6Y.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just make a disk image and store that.
I have tested and retested this free version over several years - it does work ok. :- http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx It is the best one I have tried which can pretty much automatically generate a bootable recovery prog' onto a flash or pen drive - It works good : My C drive (system disk) 59 GB used, backs up in less than 7 Mins to 38 GB (medium compressed) Image. (using i7-3770k plus other goodies) - Which can be mounted, opened and files copied and pasted
just like an actual disk drive.
Western Digital offer a freeby 'Acronis True Image WD Edition' here :-
http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en
Acronis are well into the backup business so this should be good - unless it checks for a (non existent??) WDC drive !

-0-

E

EddieM

All very well, but only takes you back to when you imaged it, no good if you put a different HDD in or have had any other hardware changes. I have lost count of the number of desktops I have imaged but I guess its in the thousands.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the replys however............ I am still none the wiser. :oops:

I am a technophobe and need an easy solution please.

Thanks

E

EddieM

Thanks for all the replys however............ I am still none the wiser. :oops:

I am a technophobe and need an easy solution please.

Thanks

Just delete all the files off your recovery drive, and create an new restore point. Jobs a good un (apart from the fact you wont be able to restore your peronal data)

Sponsored Links