low gas inlet pressure? is this a major problem???

Joe, we have tables and calculations for that...of course it will make a difference...

Sponsored Links
It doesn't make sense according the physics that I studied. If I replace half my garden hose with a bigger diameter it won't make hardly any difference to the water volume that comes out .

Sponsored Links
Has anyone done the maths to see if a section of larger diameter pipe will make any realistic difference? Pressure has nothing to do with volume other than with a miniscule amount of friction.

It doesn't make sense according the physics that I studied. If I replace half my garden hose with a bigger diameter it won't make hardly any difference to the water volume that comes out .

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Depends which half.

Come on mastermind - do the maths for us thickies.

If you get a length electric cable and put 240 volts down it and then make half of it a double thickness, do you really think the voltage (pressure) will rise? It can carry more current (volume). Gas pipes follow the same laws of physics. They are universal laws.

Dan you're not thinking this through dude. Using Joes brilliant idea could save the fire brigade millions on big, heavy, dangerous equipment!

rolly_firetruckRolly%20Fire%20Truck036639.jpg

Now wheres Alec gone so I can educate him?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
whoops no they dont say that... i have just checked, I am sure they used to though..

If you get a length electric cable and put 240 volts down it and then make half of it a double thickness, do you really think the voltage (pressure) will rise? It can carry more current (volume). Gas pipes follow the same laws of physics. They are universal laws.

The voltage won't rise above the supply voltage of course, but a thicker cable will allow more current to flow without as much voltage drop. Think about it thickie :rolleyes:

Stop bullshltting Joe and work it out.

:LOL: :LOL: Just seen Razor's post... :LOL: :LOL:

I don't need to. You have the charts because you are an RGI and they are usually illeiterate.

If it were a cable you would get a little less voltage drop - but not the sort of amount you are bandying about.

BTW if the kid with the hose replaced half of it with full size firemans hose - he would still get the same amount of water out. It's the PRESSURE behind the flow that counts - not the volume presented. ;)

yeah well the ones I have just consulted must be the up to date ones....

Didn't think I was having a grey area.. perhaps they got too many complaints about ripping peoples houses to pieces!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back