Low Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, moved into a house last month which has a hot water tank and tank in the loft. Shower and cold taps are fed by main cold feed which has very good pressure, but water pressure from hot taps is poor.

I've been round with a 1/2 litre jug:

Kitchen tap downstairs (approx 4.5 meters directly below water tank in loft) - takes 10 seconds to fill
Bathroom underneath loft - sink taps 7 seconds, bath about 5 seconds

Is there anything I can check myself?

Shut off valves are fully open.

I would have expected those figures to be the other way round unless its just the taps

Sponsored Links
I suspect your kitchen tap is supplied by a flexible hose tap tail of small bore ( inner diameter tube) which will restrict and reduce the flow rate. Bath taps supplied from 22 mm pipework will have a much better flow rate.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, I do intend to change the tap at some point anyway but there are no isolating valves on them so just need to be bothered to stop the water one day and do it :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back