Low hot water presure from my power shower pump. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just fitted a watermill Wasp 50 power shower pump. The cold water is working well but the hot water starts ok and the quickly fades. The cold water tank is about two meters above the pump the top of the hot water tank is about 1 meter above the pump. The hot water tank holds 96 ltrs. The supply to the cold water tank is well fed and not mains. Can anyone suggest a way that I can sort this problem out.
Many thanks

George

Sponsored Links
airlock between the cylinder and pump.
how is the hot connected to the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
as i understand it Watermill recommend the use of a surry or york flange.

what do your installation instructions say ?

can you not give us a pic ?
i would say you have a airlock their.
can you isolate the cylinder and remove the hot pipe to pump and run it into a bucket etc to clear any air then connect back to pump when running ok.

The fitting instructions don't say anything about a flange. I have reconeted the hot pipes by passing the pump and it runs ok without air locks but if I then try to introduce the cold water it it just turns cold. The reason I fitted the pump is that I have very poor water pressure from my well. The local diy store stocks a worex flange would this do. Also if I fit a worex or sulffolk flange what do I do with the "t" piece? the tank is in the airng cupboard and the hot water pipe goes through a granite wall.

is the cold through the pump as well?
if your getting hot water to the pump as you say its ok when you by-pass is the pump kicking in ?
as the cold side maybe and the hot not kicking in.

Yes the cold is through the pump too.
The pump is cutting in with the hot but it seems to run too fast for the supply. It starts of fine and then ends up a trickle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back