Low level & discreet planting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very small front garden; it's about 8 foot by 8 foot wide. I have basically planted a few plants (three against each wall) and as a result, there's about a foot of space between each plant.

As you can see, the plants already in place are not yet established fully. I am looking for something discreet and low level to plant in between each of the other plants - something similar to a crawling wirey-type scrub that climbs across the floor and is easily controllably. What I am looking for is something to fill the gaps between the plants.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You don't mention if the site is shaded or in full sun, or the soil conditions, but here are some I use in my garden designsWEB LINK REMOVED:
sunny site -
thyme - lots of different varieties available & good food source for insects (and edible)

Heathers _ specifically 'Erica carnea' varieties which can tolerate neutral soils ( but not limey). (Avoid Calluna types unless your on peaty acid soil). heathers need a fairly moist soil all year.

Shady site -
vinca minor - not a shrub but is evergreen, and easily available. Avoid V. major as its probably too vigorous )
Bugle (Ajuga reptans) - green, purple, variegated forms, with purple upright flower stems.
epimediums
Euonymus fortunei 'minimus' or 'kewensis' - small leaved lowgrowing evergreen shrub, not more than 20cm tall. discreet & tough. Will also creep harmlessly up the wall.

cheers
PBA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back