Low pitch tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only come across only a few real tiles that will do a 12.5-degree pitch, I just wondered if any roofers on here had experience in any of the following or had observations which might be of interest/use that they would share. Tiles I've come across are

Marley Mendip 12.5
Redland Regent
Fortecrete Centurion (down to 10 degrees!)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Only come across only a few real tiles that will do a 12.5-degree pitch, I just wondered if any roofers on here had experience in any of the following or had observations which might be of interest/use that they would share. Tiles I've come across are

Marley Mendip 12.5
Redland Regent
Fortecrete Centurion (down to 10 degrees!)

Thanks
At 12.5 degrees, I can only hope your roof is uncomplicated or else you will be another poster on this forum asking questions about a leaking roof.(y)

Noseall, that's something I'm hoping to avoid, it's a garage extension/conversion mono pitch that all goes in one direction (no not that boy band group) but I can't really gain more height to raise the pitch and prefer tiles to rubber or felt or metal as less noise and looks nicer, not in a windy or exposed part of the country so had hoped to get away with it. Related to this post here https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/roof-rafter-sizes.540231/

Regents, i believe can go to 11.5 but there can not be any detailing such as hips or vallies.
obviously , all the mentioned require strict attention to gauge and head lap

Sponsored Links
On Regents 100mm headlap is suggested but read you can go to 120mm, they are smoother than the marley mendip 12.5 what the mendips have is two groves cut across them presumably to minimise water tracking back up them, the Regents more symetrical in shape, I've a sample of each here

Ahh I didn't know they had made a new version on the mendip so it makes sense to use those.

The redland regents are possibly more attractive being a more uniform shape (yes I know its only a tile!) they cost a few pence more than the Marley. The sample from Marley is the original mendip as they don't send out the 12.5 version as samples (strange!) but it has two surface grooves seen here https://www.marley.co.uk/en/products/concrete-tiles/mendip-low-pitch perhaps they were loosing out the the Redland Regents and needed a lower pitch version that the regular 15 degree Mendip

I used Marley Moderns on the extension but that was an 18.5 degree pitch. I didn't envisage tiling the garage roof at that point else I might have considered using the same tiles on both but no matter now.

they don't send out the 12.5 version as samples (strange!)
I have asked for several samples and had zero result. The first time I asked for 250 and the second time I asked for a modest 110. Both times refused.

Go for singles multiple times although 110 or 250 might be pushing it (y)

Attachments

• 5C689737-475B-4A12-977C-5E577C20C898.jpeg
    5C689737-475B-4A12-977C-5E577C20C898.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 74

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back