Low pressure bath filler required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Meldrew finally got me to strip out the bathroom last week, I have a tank fed system with about 3m static head at the bath filler point, 28mm pipework most of the way, reducing to 22mm for the last couple of metres.

The old bath filler used to fill the bath in less than 5 minutes (about 170 litre), but Mrs M won't let me re-use it, even though I took it to pieces in front of her and showed her the proper 3/4" valve and washer like we all used to have when taps were made properly. I despaired when she rejected it despite the lovely chrome finish, the like of which you don't see nowadays.

So, expert gentlefolk, can anyone recommend a company which makes bath fillers that will compare to my old tap? Presumably ceramic disc won't flow as well as washer/seat? :?: Don't concern yourselves with the design, Mrs M can pick a set out from the options you provide. :confused:

Many thanks in advance......

Sponsored Links
So no decent taps to be had then, I'll let Mrs M know, but she won't be pleased, and it'll be down to you!

I've got some HansGhroe ones, very nice quality if you like that sort of thing. Not cheap though

They make some massive taps, google for them, but as I say, very pricey.

Must say I don't belieeeeeeve* nobody makes proper taps any more, though I think you'll have to avoid many of the foreigners. I'd be surprised if hansgrohe do anything which runs on less than 38bar. It's THEIR bl00dy bath shower mixer thing which only passes 25l/min on a 4 bar pump! The old taps were quicker than that on gravity.

I hoped that a name or two would come to me mid sentence but it hasn't.... Have you tried Ideal Standard>

(* sorry, cliche is the handrail of a crippled mind )

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps, I'm looking at Ideal Std now, but as no-one seems to keep stock anymore I have to order-look-reject-order etc..

I won't buy foreign out of principle (supporting British manufacturing) so Grohe is right out, and anyway most continentals make for high pressure systems, seems if it trickles on 0.1 bar it's suitable in their eyes!

There's Armitage too, and others sort of online in thebluebook.com(or similar).
Not much tech info, so I bet you'll have to phone.
Somewhere I've got some Bristan bath taps which I think are 3/4"

name I was tring to think of was Hudson Reed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back