Low pressure boiler won't fill, no water at all in hot taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
I am really hoping someone can advise me as my boiler hasn't been working for several days. it's a glow worm 30xi combi, 8 years old.

first the pressure dropped to 0.3bar but i couldnt get it to fill when turning the tap. Using the instructions on one of the forums, i checked inside the fill valve (twice) and that seems to be working fine.

when i first noticed the low pressure started, cold water would flow from the hot tap. Since I shut off the water at the stop cock, the cold taps are fine but nothing at all comes out of the hot tap. I can't find any isolating valves.

it seems to me that the boiler wont fill because no water is coming in. but why is that when it is a combi boiler with mains pressure. can't be an airlock surely?

any comments gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
did you at any point turn off the bras cold water isolating vavle that enters the boiler? if thats off you wont be able to fill boiler or get HW to taps. and no not likley to be an air lock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back