Blanco Nelson Tap - Low Hot Water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just had a new tap fitted, Blanco Nelson Monobloc (pull out), nice tap but the hot side is really low pressure.

The old tap was fine and every other tap in the house is fine too .

I've managed to prove the hot pressure to the tap is fine, because when I remove the head from the tap by unscrewing it, the hot water pressure is absolutlely fine, splashing all over the shop!

However, as soon as I screw the head back on the hot pressure is really low again.

I should say cold water pressure is fine.

Is there any way to adjust the head or am I stuck with really low hot water pressure?

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
The BLANCO NELSON-3300S requires a minimum of 4 metres head, that is the open tank supplying the water for the hot water cylinder must be at least 4 metres above the tap. Is this the case?

I'm no plumbing expert but I'll try to answer as clearly as I can!

The sink is in the kitchen on the ground floor, standard two floor UK house, the hot tank is on the floor above in the airing cupboard (I'd estimate about 3 metres vertically, but distance-wise about 8 metres away (that's the distance the water must travel from the tank, 5-6 metres horizontally and 3 down).

Do you mean the small header tank that is in the loft by any chance? If so it is easily 4 metres?

Thanks very much for the reply, sorry I can't be more accurate with the lingo!

Roy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back