water pressure and 3 way kitchen tap questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I am wondering if someone can enlighten and advice me on a my kitchen tap questions that I can't quite work it out.

Question 1: The mains water pressure comes to my top floor flat is 1 Bar. Does it stay the same pressure coming out of kitchen and bathroom tap even though the mains got split into combi boiler and became 2 separate hot/cold feed into mixer tap?

I've drawn a simple diagram to illustrate:
IMG_6417.JPG

Question 2: If I am to install a under-sink drinking water filter with a 3 way tap as illustrated below, will the water coming out of kitchen tap lose any pressure?

IMG_6419.JPG

I am really confused about this pressure thing because I was told by Blanco CS that if I am to use Blanco 3 way tap then I must use their filter system. Other under-sink filter system makes it too low pressure to be compatible for blanco tap and I'm struggling to understand why because it seems most undersink filter system installs the same way?

Sponsored Links
I suppose this is a tricky question that's difficult to answer?

Does anyone know where should I measure the water pressure for choosing kitchen tap? (the cold feed, hot feed, or the mains water feed coming to my flat?)

Vicky
Problem is that we can make no promises, and is all assumptions.

But my take on your questions is:

?Will the water coming out of kitchen tap lose any pressure - No, but may loose some flow rate due to the extra bend. But will be very small diffrence.

?We must use their filter system as other under-sink filter system makes it too low pressure to be compatible for blanco tap - Seems like a marketing ploy to me. Unless their filter has a much lower water restistance (ie perhaps they use a much larger filter) then I think that it would not make much diffrence whatever water filter you use and conneect to their tap.

Note that I have no experiance with this tap, and would ask is their filter significantly more expensive then others remembering their filter should have all the correct connection to connect straight to their tap, whereas you may have to by suitable connectiors if you bought one of these?:
https://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-...m_sp=managedredirect-_-plumbing-_-waterfilter

SFK.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back