New Kitchen Sink & Tap Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to get a new sink & tap for kitchen.

Planning on getting a Blanco (BlancoMetra XL 6 S Silgranit) which comes with:
Cleo BM6100 chrome tap
With 3.5inch pop up waste kit
BFK003 Plumbing kit

(BTW also planning on fitting an InSinkerator 65 (with airswitch) too on a new quartz worktop and also sticking in a water softener).

Now, my better half does not like the Blanco Cleo 6100 much, and wants an upgrade, ideally to one with a pull-out nozzle e.g. Blanco Linus- S Tap [min. 1.0 bar pressure (approx 10-metre head) preferred 1.0-1.5 bar ]

Thing is the Cleo is "suitable for low pressure gravity and pressure systems (max. 5.0 bar), Min. 0.3 bar pressure (approx. 3 metre head). " - and I believe we need a low-pressure tap....

The house is detached normal Ground and first floor. We have a newish Worcester condensing boiler, but it’s not a combi. Our heating / hot water is unvented I think (there is a cold-water tank in the loft in use but the smaller tank that was used before for heating is dead now, and I top up the system just under the boiler to 1.5 Bar). I reckon the drop from Loft cold water tank to kitchen sink tap will be nearly exactly 4m i.e. 0.4 Bar is what I assume is coming out of the how water pie at kitchen sink.

1. Can we risk the Blanco Linus- S purchase, or do we really need to go for a low pressure tap?
2. I'm guessing I really ought to get the pressure measured to be sure?
3. Are there any low-pressure alternatives that have a pull-out nozzle?

Cheers,

M'

Sponsored Links
What type of hw cylinder do you have?

You mention that your heating and hot water is unvented, but it sounds like you mean that the heating circuit from boiler is now pressurised, ie. doing away with F&E tank.

If you have an unvented cylinder, either tap should be OK. If as I suspect it's a standard gravity-feed job from the cold tank in loft, the Linus tap is out.

That is right - the heating from the boiler is presuurised - The tap-side is vented / gravity fed.

i.e. We have a large insulated copper cyclinder with a pressure regulator. I think this is refeerd to as a "Sealed System with Filling Loop".

Okay so spray taps are out even if I put a pressure reducing valve on the cold feed?

1. What about this one which claims to only need 0.5 Bar: http://www.hcsupplies.co.uk/kitchen-taps/draco-single-lever-mixertap-with-pull-out-spout-245.html

2. How about monoblocks without spray like this one claims 0.35 Bar is minimum : http://www.blanco.co.uk/products/tap/blancoregent8051

3. I guess I could add a pump to the hot side under the sink or take a feed from one of the pumped showers upstairs?

TIA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back