Low pressure from newly installed kitchen sink mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is this happening to me? Everything today has been a hassle, twisting and turning those ****ing push fits until I've got arthritis... anyway this is simple I've got a sink upstairs with a cold tap, mains fed, loads of pressure... tap downstairs in flat annex, mains fed, water just ****ing dribbles out with no urgency at all, is it because it's a mixer? No leaks on the pipes as can visually inspect all joints.. why is this happening?

Sponsored Links
Definitely mains fed?

Twisted flexi?

Isolator not fully open?

Debris in pipework/tapgear?

Mains pressure above tap specification?

Disconnect the tap and open into a bucket. This will tell you if its tap or pipes.

Sponsored Links
Check the aerator at the spout where the water comes out! If there is one! Unscrews at end of spout to reveal!

Check the aerator at the spout where the water comes out! If there is one! Unscrews at end of spout to reveal!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Tap... & Mixers/Barra Sink Mixer/d240/sd3100/p82060

Does this have one? Looks like it might but can't apply pressure to it with a wrench without scratching off all the polish

If it has it will probably have two flat edges to put a spanner on, or use grips with a rag over the chrome.

As gigz said. It has an aerator or a flow straightener, both can get blocked and are at the end of the tap spout that can be removed. I would also check the isolation valves and make sure fully open, Flexi hoses for kinks(unless piped in copper tails).

Just unscrewed the tails and noticed fragments of concrete blocking the pipe, cleared the opening and now the flows much more reasonable. I'd like to get the aerator off but struggling as electricians working in that area.

Worried now the pipe might have concrete inside it, I didn't see any when I looked but hoping that's now the worst of it, there's bound to be some clogging up the aerator though so hoping I can get in there later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back