low pressure in hot water tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have just moved into a cottage and need help on this.
no hot water or a trickle coming out of the hot water tap in the bathroom. the kitchen is ok but not good. no combi boiler just an immersion thing. small cold water tank 9gals in the loft. hot water storage tank in kitchen on floor. the pipe to the bathroom goes back up through the loft then to the bathroom. i have been told that i need a bigger tank for the loft but cant find one cheap enough or to fit through the loft opening and dont want to move the pipes through under the floor to the beathroom. another solution someone said was some sort of pump the will give it pressure???? can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
It's not really the size of the cold water cistern that matters but rather the height of it i.e. the higher the better. A pump can be fitted but is a last resort IMHO.

i can probably get the colk water tank about a foot higher than the pipe is that enough to give pressure? if not what sort of pump am i looking for and how much are they? thanks

Sponsored Links
A foot isn't going to make any real difference. And installing a pump will require a bigger tank as well, since it will be pumping water out at a rate greater than the mains will replenish it. Unfortunately you are looking at having to upgrade the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back