low pressure mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have low Pressue mixer tap in kitchen after draining system to stop leak on a curved radiator.
It has filter and instant hot water system by Frankie.
Please has anybody got any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
I have low Pressue mixer tap in kitchen after draining system to stop leak on a curved radiator.
It has filter and instant hot water system by Frankie.
Please has anybody got any suggestions.
Are you saying that since draining down to cure a leak on a radiator the pressure has not been the same at the kitchen tap?

Yes. Kitchen sink mixer tap has not enough pressure in hot or cold.
There is 100*c water heater by Frankie but this also has not much water coming through it.
Pressure in down stair basin & toilet flush is fine. There is no problem in bathroom sink,shower & toilet flushes fine.
Please help.

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about these sort of taps however try letting the cold tap run for a few minutes and see if the flow gets better then try again with the hot side. Basically I'm thinking you have an air lock in the system.

Thank you. I will give it a go. I have also tried by switch if stop cock but it didn't work. Will post it any more suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks once again.

Thank you. I will give it a go. I have also tried by switch if stop cock but it didn't work. Will post it any more suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks once again.
You are welcome to my guessing :)
These things need a electric supply, is it turned on:idea:

Yes the instant water heater is on.
Do you think undoing nuts on flexi pipe joining to mixer taps might help?
Many thanks.

How did you drain the system did you turn the incoming water mains off.
Is the basin and toilet mains or tank fed.

Hi,
I switched the combi boiler off and main water supply off before draining radiator.
After fixing the radiator I filled it water and aired them.
Everything works fine except kitchen sink.
Thanks for your help.

You can get hot water but not same force as in downstair sink and upstairs. The force is also slower on instant hot water (boiling).

Assuming you have fully opened the incoming water main tap then I would be checking for blocked
Filters.
Have you checked the inlet filter on the cold inlet to the tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back