Low pressure or faulty monoblock tap( or faulty Installation)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got my new bathroom sink up and running but I'm not the the monoblock tap is working right. The bit where the water comes out is kind of a wide thin letterbox sort of a shape and When I turn the tap on 4 separate dribbles of water come out rather than one wide torrent that I expected. There was a period of about 2 seconds where it seemed to work properly. I've not altered and pipework anything and the pressure was fine before.

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume the hot and cold are gravity fed and the tap has flexi hoses ,and your tap requires a greater pressure than what your plumbing system can provide. Thats the usual problem.

I assume the hot and cold are gravity fed and the tap has flexi hoses ,and your tap requires a greater pressure than what your plumbing system can provide. Thats the usual problem.

The water pressure was good with the old taps though. And we have a similar tap in the main bathroom which literally the thickness of a partition wall away and that one works fine

Old taps ? Two of them ? If so you must have had to do some ammending of the plumbing pipework ?

Sponsored Links
So what you had was a 15 mm diameter pipe to each tap. You now have a flexi hose with an inner tube diameter much less ,maybe half , taking hot ,same on cold into a monobloc. If the flexis are bent / twisted / kinked etc that will also impede the flow. Fitting isolators between supply pipe and flexi hoses ,again more restriction ( unless they are full bore isolators). You no doubt have some or all of the above . Take a look at the info that came with the tap Jamie ,you will probably find reference to a minimum pressure requirement ,that you most likely dont have .

So what you had was a 15 mm diameter pipe to each tap. You now have a flexi hose with an inner tube diameter much less ,maybe half , taking hot ,same on cold into a monobloc. If the flexis are bent / twisted / kinked etc that will also impede the flow. Fitting isolators between supply pipe and flexi hoses ,again more restriction ( unless they are full bore isolators). You no doubt have some or all of the above . Take a look at the info that came with the tap Jamie ,you will probably find reference to a minimum pressure requirement ,that you most likely dont have .
yeah I used full bore isolators.... and the flexis are pretty much straight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back