Monoblock tap question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our kitchen sink has just one hole for a monoblock tap. The problem we have is that these taps come with a section of pipe that reduces from 15mm to about 8-10mm and that appears to affect the flow on our gravity-fed (from cylinder) hot water. The consequences being it takes a life time to fill the bowl with hot water.

Are there such things as monoblock taps that take full 15mm pipes? or are there other solutions (other than buying a new sink!)

Sponsored Links
I've never come across a 15mm monobloc sink mixer.
The standard hole is 35mm, so no room for fitting 15mm pipes etc,
It is a tight squeeze with 12mm tails.

Are you sure the tap is designed for a low pressure system? They do differ so perhaps your's is a high pressure type?

Sponsored Links
I thought this might be the situation.
I did ensure the tap I purchased is for a low pressure system, and (just to be certain it wasn't the tap) I swapped the pipe connections around - I remember buying a tap once which had swarf of some kind lodged inside it restricting the flow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back