Monoblock tap connectors - How tight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I have to tighten the water pipes for a monoblock tap more than hand tight? If so, how do I do it as the actual connecting holes and therefore the nut is halfway inside tha tap body?

Sponsored Links
I had one to assemble a while back where the tails disappeared about 200mm up inside the base of the tap.
I found the easiest way was to dismantle the tap, fit the tails to the valve body and tighten them before re-fitting the valve body complete with tails in the tap.

Sponsored Links
i did this about a month ago to my new bathroom monobloc mixer! i bought flexi connectors 12mm to 15mm - the tap connectors screw inside the tap body (both hot and cold) and then i tightened with an adjustable spanner pretty tight but not over tights. then the other end connected onto the 15mm supply pipes. tigthened these pretty tight, but not over tight, using 2 adjustables!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back