Monoblock tap keeps moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Was wondering is anyone else has had this problem

O fitted the monoblock tap to the basin as tight as i could get it even though it was a bit of a nightmare.

This was before putting the basin on the pedestal. at the time it appeared very tight and solid

However the person has called back saying its slightly moved. Went to have the look, the tap is very slightly lose, it moves if you try and move it, which it was not doing before. Now is this a known issue on monoblock taps?

Getting to the long not to tighten it is proving to be a complete nightmare. Will i HAVE to remove the two pipe connections or is their a special tool thats availbale for this?

Sponsored Links
It certainly happens if the user has hands like shovels.....some plumbers Mait can help to secure the thing, and to get to the securing nut use either a deep drive socket on a 3/8" extension bar, or there is a tube spanner designed for this. As you say, you may have to pop the feed pipes off. :confused:
John :)

thanks for the replies guys.

Never used a box spanner, had none to hand but just had a look online and erm, i think thats what i could do with.

will buy myself a decent set asap!

Sponsored Links
NO problem ....in the world of engineering a box spanner is like a Lump Hammer is to building ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back