Low Pressure shower pump problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this?

I had a leaking shower pump when the hot water outlet hose started leaking. I tried tightening it up and i started leaking worse.

The next morning I had a shower and the water water hose snapped. I thought it would be simply fixed but it has not been so easy.

I replaced the hot water hose with a flexible hose but the pressure on the shower and sink has much lower pressure on the hot water AND the COLD water.

I thought that maybe i have damaged the water pump so i borrowed another one and that has the same low pressure problem.

I also thought there could be a blockage in the pipe work to the shower and sink. However there would need to be a blockage in both the hot water pipes and cold water pipes and both sink and shower has low pressure so both HW and CW pipes would have to be blocked before it splits to shower and sink - So seems unlikely to me.

The next thing that i can think of is a slight blockage in pipe that goes from the header tank in the loft as this could effect the flow of hot and cold water but it seems strange that this has happen at the same time as changing the flexible hose.

Can you think of anything else that would be worth trying or something obvious that i am missing? any help would be great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back