Low spot on gutter, Manchester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one bit of gutter that overflows when it rains. It holds water so its definitely a low spot around the bay window, right on the corner where it sticks out.

Anyone in and around Manchester that can come and fix it. Its not something i can be bothered doing myself at the minute i would most likely just make it worse.

Sponsored Links
Rob this is a DIY site, not find a handyman service.

Post some pictures and we can help you or open your local paper.

Andy

Rob this is a DIY site, not find a handyman service.

Post some pictures and we can help you or open your local paper.

Andy

Okay, how do you fix a sagging gutter then. I'm not even sure how the brackets attach to the fascia boards, do they just screw into the plastic or do they fix to something behind.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately a common area for leaks/overflowing. The brackets do screw into the fascia so hidden by the gutter. No one with any sense would attempt access from a ladder - so you could hire a tower scaffold and diy. A decent tradesman would use/charge for one.

Unfortunately a common area for leaks/overflowing. The brackets do screw into the fascia so hidden by the gutter. No one with any sense would attempt access from a ladder - so you could hire a tower scaffold and diy. A decent tradesman would use/charge for one.

I hope your joking regards the ladder. Surely it's not much more difficult than cleaning the gutters.

So do I have to unclipped the gutter or something then unscrew lift then screw it back.

if its standard plastic gutter unclip it and take it down, then unscrew the bracket
that you need to higher and screw it in a bit higher then clip the gutter back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back