Low water pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My low water pressure switch has failed.
I have removed it and gave it a good clean.
I can manually move the sensor and get a positive reading across the terminals.
My question is, does the system water enter the switch, as I removed it there was gunk in it but I managed to charge the system without it on. Or is the body that it fits on to gunned up as well not allowing water to the switch. I've by passed the switch temporarily to complete the firing sequence.
It's an old ravenheat that needs scrapping but I would like to know your thoughts.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you can refill the system with the switch removed then the manifold is blocked, but you are messing around with a safety device and you shouldnt be

Ianmcd,
Ok I only recharged the system to isolate the fault. I shall remove pump and manifold and clean it out or replace.
Plus replace old switch.
Thank you for your advice,
J.

Ianmcd,
Ok I only recharged the system to isolate the fault. I shall remove pump and manifold and clean it out or replace.
Plus replace old switch.
Thank you for your advice,
J.
No need to do all that , drain the boiler and where you removed the switch from , poke a small screwdriver in the hole and get the crud broken up , then place a bowl under the hole and slowly open the filling loop till the water runs clear with no crud , then refit the switch

Sponsored Links
Ok I will try that, I was unsure if there was a diaphragm in the body, I've just finished 4 night shifts so I'm just having a late Xmas beer. I'll update you tomorrow.
Thanks again much appreciated.
J

No need to do all that , drain the boiler and where you removed the switch from , poke a small screwdriver in the hole and get the crud broken up , then place a bowl under the hole and slowly open the filling loop till the water runs clear with no crud , then refit the switch
All done, was really crusted up.
Just got to get the sentinel cleaner and flush system.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back