Low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an upstairs shower room which is suplied by a combi boiler. When having a shower if one of the other family members turns on the tap downstairs or even worse flushes the toilet the shower comes to a stop. I'm in the process of having a large extension which will include an extra shower room off a new bedroom. What can I do to stop or reduce this problem. My water pressure seems to be fine. Any help would be great as I have six children (Five girls and a boy) who very soon will be wanting showers at the same time.

Sponsored Links
then you'll need a combi with a better dhw litre per min or have stored hot water.

Stored hot water would be the answer I think with that many in the house. I reckon you've got poor flow as well, if the shower stops when your toilet is flushed that's not a problem with the boiler, it's a problem with your incoming main.

Sponsored Links
You need to improve the flow rate into the house. There are two ways of doing this, (this is a common question on this forum)....

- Upgrade the water mains pipe into the property
- Fit an accumulator

Measurements will need to be taken of flow and pressure and the water supplier consulted about local flow rates before the correct route can be ascertained. A knowledgeable plumber should be your first call locally.

Yeah, it's flow rather than pressure you need to increase. It is also sometimes possible to have a pump fitted to your incoming main, however these require a license from your local water authority.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back