low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gas-fired central heating system (haven't got the tech specifications on me right now)

PROBLEM: Our boiler currently operates on a very low and constant pressure of 0.5 bar; as a result the radiators in the first floor in patricular never get more then lukewarm. Pump is working fine though; it seems we are dealing with a simple water pressure-adjustment problem here. My problem is that I have no idea how to do this. Will I need to call in an plumber/expert?

Thanks for your help!

Patrick

Sponsored Links
the pressure will have nowt to do with the rads only being lukewarm has water at .5br will still heat up. have you bleed the rads upstairs, being carefull to top the system back up again

Thanks for the advice - however lacking the expertise I will have to ask back: 'bleeding' the upstairs rads means releasing some air, right? Topping up again after: I have no idea how to do this! (see, you really are dealing with an amateur here).

Thanks a lot!

P

Look in the helpful tips section under bleeding radiators, also try a search on "epansion vessel" and "filling loop" in this forum. There are lots of posts which will help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot - this should get me a good deal further now!

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back