LPE1 Form

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Can someone help me in regards to a LPE1 form please?

I purchased a flat where in the form there was no mention of any major works, 3 years later I was hit with a bill of circa 40k, a section 20 was issued a year later and several others.

I will consult with a solicitor but do I have any grounds of professional negligence?

Sponsored Links
Isn't it 2 years for any future planned works to be notified on the form?

Your wording about the s20 and time period is confusing.

However if the s20 was served within the 2-year enquiry period then you may have a basis for complaint - but it depends on the facts and what was known at the time of the sale.

Isn't it 2 years for any future planned works to be notified on the form?

Your wording about the s20 and time period is confusing.

However if the s20 was served within the 2-year enquiry period then you may have a basis for complaint - but it depends on the facts and what was known at the time of the sale.

Hi Woody, and thank you for the reply!

Sorry yes, you are right. in all honestly nothing was made aware during the time of the sale.

You need to determine if, when you made the enquiry, it was known by either the seller or the landlord that the relevant works were known about, due or planned during the next few years.

Works that were known about but not actually begun until a later time would still be relevant and should be notified.

So your questions would go to whoever handled your purchase - did they make the right, and sufficient enquiries? And also to the seller/landlord - did they give you the correct information?

Sponsored Links
You need to determine if, when you made the enquiry, it was known by either the seller or the landlord that the relevant works were known about, due or planned during the next few years.

Works that were known about but not actually begun until a later time would still be relevant and should be notified.

So your questions would go to whoever handled your purchase - did they make the right, and sufficient enquiries? And also to the seller/landlord - did they give you the correct information?

Thanks Woody, the flat was purchased from a family friend and they had not been made aware when the property was sold.

I don't believe I received the right information from the management company as they did not disclose the major works - I might pick this up with a solicitor to see if I have a claim for negligence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back