LPG Gas boiler size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to get a LPG water heater to run 4 showers and 8 basins, the basins are in a ladies and gents toilets, any ideas what boiler I would need, I've used the Britony 2 C&M for most installations but I thought it may not be man enough for this set up. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that, but I was hoping someone could point out which boiler I would need, there is no prices on this site either, Ive been trawling websites but cant find the info I need, I was hoping for someone to say "this is what you need, its £??" Please help!!

Perhaps you would like to borrow my tools as well?

And the van?

Sponsored Links
never mind fellas, you obviously dont know, I'll phone some suppliers tomorrow and ask them. Hmm whats DIY stand for again....

As said above, Rinnai is a good place to start, looking through spec sheets.

You could also try Andrews water heaters, now part of the Baxi group unfortunately.

Get a 300 litre unvented cylinder heat the coil by 40 kw combi run the cold mains through the combi into the unvented cylinder take output from output of cylinder.Howzat.

I put a 900 litre cylinder in a similar job, with 6 showers and 4 basins, but the customer has stated a LPG boiler on this occasion. This is a portable 21 foot container BTW.

Get a 300 litre unvented cylinder heat the coil by 40 kw combi run the cold mains through the combi into the unvented cylinder take output from output of cylinder.Howzat.

i cant tell if thats genius or **** taking :LOL: .

but seriously would that work?

i think not but am prepeared to be wrong with an explanation.

I wonder if you ask such naive questions if you really understand the design criteria involved.

What hot water flow rate do you require?

What mains flow rate do you have available?

Is it acceptable to have stored hot water and drain everything before moving the container?

Tony

Well, I wouldn't be posting on a DIY forum if I fully understood the design criteria, the flow rate required is enough to run four triton mixer showers, the mains flow rate is gonna differ from one site to another, this is a portable container. And if hot water is stored, it would have to drained for transporting, but I'd rather not have stored water at all, thats why im here popping the qusetion.

Thats what I expected!

If you are unable to even set basic design criteria then its not possible to come up with a workable design.

This kind of thing is not cheap to install so its best to get it right at the beginning rather than that take some DIY design ideas which will not work.

I would suggest that you decide exactly what you want and then employ a consultant.

You said there would be SIX showers but now you only say that FOUR are required to work together. And what about the FOUR basins? Do you want any of them to be able to work at the same time? Do you want to be able to flush toilets while showers are in use?

If the showers use say 8 li/min each then what do you do if the mains supply can only supply 12 li/min ???

Do you expect the showers to run FOUR continuously all day long? Thats a mains supply of 32li/min plus the basins and toilets.

That needs 80 kW of instant water heating. That will need a second trailer full of LPG cylinders or better still a full size road tanker if its to run 24/7 at a pop concert for a week!

I think that you need to go back to the beginning and decide on the basics!

Tony

The trouble is, the container is going to be moved around during its working life, your guess is as good as mine as to the pressure of the mains, Surely there is a boiler which can easily run this system, say on the average mains pressure.

hopefully big burner will be along soon. he should be aable to recommend which broag boiler you should be fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back