LPG Gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to install an LPG gas hob in a new kitchen. My wife would like the hob under an existing opening window. I have heard there are regulations covering minimum distances from opening windows.

Please can anyone advise what, if any, regulations apply.

Many thanks, Graham

Sponsored Links
Why would your wife (or anybody) want to position a hob under a window anyway!?! :confused: What happens to the extraction?

Anyway, you're probably referring to AD J (Combustion appliances and Fuel Storage)

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADJ_2002.pdf (Page 43)

It appears if the flue terminates horizontally or vertically to an opening (e.g. a window), you have to provide a min. 300mm from the opening to the outlet.

never a good idea anyway..
if you have curtains or blinds then that's a great way to start a fire..
then there's that gust from a slightly open window that blown out the flame and fills the room with gas...

plus the grease splatter on the window that needs wiping off every day.. and the burnt nurp where you forget that the pan rests are still hot when you lean over to do it..

if you're too close to it then the PVC melts and the glass can crack from the heat....

Sponsored Links
Even ignoring the regulations, installing any sort of hob under a window is a bad idea. I also believe LPG comes under the same regulations as mains gas; if so, you’re not supposed to install an appliance unless Gas Safe (old Corgi) registered & you will need a certificate of compliance. Dont forget you also need to provide forced extraction in a kithen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back