Gas hob adjacent to induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all.

We're putting in a new kitchen and are looking at having an induction hob with 4 plates for the vast majority of cooking, and then a single gas wok burner adjacent to it for those times that you want to use gas. I was wandering round the Ikea kitchen section recently, and noticed in one of their display kitchens they had done exactly this.

Discussing electrics with my electrician I mentioned this aspect of the design, and he said we wouldn't be allowed to do it, as we couldn't have the gas burner next to an induction hob due to the regulations relating to gas. Is anyone able to confirm this, and specify what the regulations are?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds implausible to me. There are regs on the minimum separation of cables to gas pipes, sockets and switches likewise, and indeed the position of wall units or other flammable materials from a gas hob or burner.
Try posting in the leccie forum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back