Adding Induction Hob to Oven circuit

Sponsored Links
Does the cable run from the switch directly to the present oven?
Yes it does. In the new kitchen, the location of the oven will not change by much, and the hob will continue to be directly above the oven.

Here's a few more pics:

I mentioned to the electrician today that the kitchen designer had suggesting moving the oven/hob/extractor to the left by about 10cm in order to centre them up in the kitchen plan.
The electrician commented this would not be possible unless I relocated the isolation switch as it had to be a minimum of 30cm away from the hob. Is that true?

You may wish to get a dual cooker outlet
http://www.alertelectrical.com/prod/1022/click-45a-dual-cooker-outlet-plate-prw217

I mentioned to the electrician today that the kitchen designer had suggesting moving the oven/hob/extractor to the left by about 10cm in order to centre them up in the kitchen plan.
The electrician commented this would not be possible unless I relocated the isolation switch as it had to be a minimum of 30cm away from the hob. Is that true?
It is recommended but wise.

Sponsored Links
I should add that it would not be difficult to move the switch because of the plasterboard but this may lead to problems with the cable run being at an angle to the switch and not in the 'safe zones' - vertical or horizontal.

Although the cable enters the switch back box at the top, it is possible that it may come from below which may make moving the switch relatively easy.

Now is the time to do any alterations.
The normal position for a switch is within 2m so maybe it could be placed somewhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back