Oven and induction hob - breaker

Many thanks John. The building I live in wasn't originally a domestically dwelling. It was gutted and converted in 1999, so that is the age of the wiring, consumer unit and all within. I therefore assume the cooker cabling is adequate, but it's worth checking.
It sounds as if it would be wise to get that checked. As I've said, provided that the cable is rated to carry at least 32A (taking into account the way in which it has been routed), the circuit should be fine for your requirements - in fact, in reality, for virtually any domestic cooking set-up.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I'll definitely get it checked! I'm no electrician. I was just trying to gauge the level of work required in advance of any purchases, but it sounds straightforward.

What a pointless post!!
I disagree, but that'll be because I disagree with supporting people in their laziness.

There was no point in asking for the size of the loads, since the OP had already said that he had been unable to find them
Having entered the model numbers into a search, it takes 4 clicks and then a find in the installation manual to get the data for the oven, 2 clicks for the hob.

I do not understand why the OP said he had been unable to find them.

What a pointless post!!
I disagree, but that'll be because I disagree with supporting people in their laziness.
Good grief - do you not realise that (regardless of what may be the case for you) some people have a life beyond this forum? Do you seriously regard it as laziness that I was 'away from the forum' for about 2.5 hours and therefore didn't see the OP's response until after eric had done the "donkey work"? :rolleyes:
I do not understand why the OP said he had been unable to find them.
Nor do I, but since he did say that, there was seemingly no point in my asking him the size of the loads.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I didn't have the load info as I was obtaining the product info from somewhere else, not the Bosch site. I hadn't realised it would later cause a forum bun fight. I fear Godwin's Law is fast approaching!

Many thanks to those who took the time to obtain the detail on my behalf and share their findings and opinions here. It's this kind of helpful behaviour that makes forums like this all the more helpful for us laymen.

I didn't have the load info as I was obtaining the product info from somewhere else, not the Bosch site. I hadn't realised it would later cause a forum bun fight.
As you have observed, it takes very little to cause that - and it's very commonly the same person who thows the first bun :)

Whatever, I'm glad that you have found some of the input from the forum to be useful!

Kind Regards, John

Good grief - do you not realise that (regardless of what may be the case for you) some people have a life beyond this forum? Do you seriously regard it as laziness that I was 'away from the forum' for about 2.5 hours and therefore didn't see the OP's response until after eric had done the "donkey work"? :rolleyes:
Not at all - it wasn't you I was talking about.

I didn't have the load info as I was obtaining the product info from somewhere else, not the Bosch site.
That makes sense - obviously the last place anybody should look for product data is on the website of the product manufacturer :rolleyes:

I used a perfectly clear form of words. It was not pointless to observe that as you had asked for the model info, and the OP had supplied it, we could now just wait for you to do the work of going off and finding out what the loads were.

I don't see how you could think I was talking about you being lazy when you were the one who'd decided to go off and find information that the OP should have gone off and found.

I don't see how you could think I was talking about you being lazy when you were the one who'd decided to go off and find information that the OP should have gone off and found.
As I said/implied, I did find it rather extraordinary that you would regard that as laziness on my part, but it would by no means have been the first 'rather extraordinary' thing I had read in this forum, and it did appear to me to be what you were implying - particularly given that you made the comment in association with a quote from one of my posts, and gave no other indication of whose laziness you were talking about!.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back