Replacing Gas Hob With Induction Hob.

Sponsored Links
just noticed it would appear as though its an Australian or New Zealand manufacturer. Even though they have a UK phone number, i can imagine that a UK agent would perhaps be hesitant supplying them.

Spare parts supply could be a nightmare for them and then they would attract a lot of grief from unhappy UK customers.

Just getting a general lack of enthusiam from anybody who has anything to do with Fisher & Paykle. Basically got told by the woman on the phone that she can't find it on her system so it can't exist.

Next best thing is this - http://www.taw-sales.co.uk/products/1180 has exposed burners but touch control, so less cleaning than conventional gas.

Oh look - another triumph of stupid k***-head design over function.

With a conventional style of pan support you can put any size pan on any of the rings.

What happens with this one if you want to put a large one in the middle?

Or want two small ones at once?

It's not quite as dumb as one I saw at a show a few months ago, which was sunk below the level of the worktop, making it impossible to use a frying pan, but it's close.

Sponsored Links
You are so 1970s BAS, get with the program! Get yourself some GU10 downlighters, a trendy cooker and maybe a designer polished worksurface and you'll be good to go ;)

Just another vote for induction, I've got one and I have to say it beats gas hands down - you can cook things without the kitchen getting stinking hot, its very controllable and responsive, dead easy to clean and fast too.

Yes there are downsides like everything, the comment earlier in the thread about frying is correct, if I did a lot of greasy fry-ups or stir-fry type things I'd still want a gas burner.

From a consumers point of view I'd say applying diversity to an induction hub is tantamount to negligence - Put yourself in the place of a typical 'user'... you give me a volume boost button that goes to 22 and I'm going to use it! or in other words the boost function gets used it every time I need to heat a pan of water, usually when other things are on the hob doing their bits at the same time.

You are so 1970s BAS, get with the program! Get yourself some GU10 downlighters, a trendy cooker and maybe a designer polished worksurface and you'll be good to go ;)
Sorry - I'm afraid I'm one of those recidivist luddites who still sees, and uses, a kitchen as somewhere to work, not to stand in the doorway admiring.

But if you want trendy cookers, I am going to get one of these:

Oh damn - sorry - I've chosen one because it works...

well, I see the kitchen as both somewhere to work, but I still want to walk into it and go "wow, this is nice".

As for the hob I bought this - http://www.taw-sales.co.uk/products/1180

and the oven this as it has a decent height on both ovens due to the controls being down the side - http://www.taw-sales.co.uk/products/4415

Also fits in well with the 'vertical surfaces stainless steel, horizontal surfaces black' theme.

Thanks for the input chaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back