LPG Jets on cooker - "hotplate bypass screw" adjustment. Details please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had my new dual fuel cooker fitted a couple of days ago. There were a few issues with the installation that I won't go into here for now. But one of the things was with the LPG jets. I was looking at the instructions today and it says the "hotplate bypass screws" must be converted / adjusted. This requires taking the control knobs off, and that's something which wasn't done. So I'm thinking this part of the install wasn't done...

I'm getting back in touch with the installer, but in the meantime I want to find out what that adjustment means and more importantly if the cooker is safe to use without the adjustment having been done. Any thoughts?

RE the LPG gets themselves. I'm pretty sure they do NOT require gas PTFE tape, but can anyone confirm for sure please?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The by pass screw adjusts the minimum setting so when the burners are turned full down they do not go out, if they remain on with a small flame thats fine, injectors do not need PTFE but a little gas sealing compound suitable for LPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back