Lubricating ballcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last few days the water supply upstairs has been sporadic. I've managed to isolate the problem and wonder if I can lubricate the ballcock in the attic, which was stuck due to the water butt upstairs being empty. :?:

Sponsored Links
As Kev said, fit a replacement - they're cheap enough not to bother repairing.

Once you have everything working, you could try refurbishing the old one to store away ready to deal with the next failure, but generally they're so reliable that by the time you need it you'll have forgotten where you put it.

For a customer I would always replace them then I know they are fixed for another 10 years.

If I did not have one with me AND the customer would pay me for the replacement at that time then I would waggle up an ddown with WD40.

But if they are so bad they stick they are usually leaking AND at risk of sticking in the down ( on ) position so I would test the overflow worked.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Over the last few days the water supply upstairs has been sporadic. I've managed to isolate the problem and wonder if I can lubricate the ballcock in the attic, which was stuck due to the water butt upstairs being empty. :?:
I reckon it's the other way around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back