luke warm radiators, boiler short cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 280 combi. I’ve just changed the water pump as the old one seemed to have a reduced flow, and was regularly sticking. The pump removed was set on setting 3, (100W, 1800rpm). So I’ve set the pump I’ve put in, also to setting 3, which in this case is 105W, rpm unknown. Now, when I start up the central heating from cold, the burner comes on and stays on for quite a while as you’d expect, and the all the radiators get nice and hot. After that, when the burner goes into its ‘maintain’ state of on/off, the radiators drop to luke warm, (regardless of the heat setting on the boiler), and the burner seems to be ‘short cycling’, ie. it comes on for only 2 minutes, off for 2 minutes, and repeat. I’ve bled all of the radiators. Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How many rads?, what is the boiler flow temperature set to?. That boiler has a minimum output of 10.5kw (max 24.0kw) to central heating so except your heat load is > 10.5kw you are going to get cycling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back