Luke warm shower after combi boiler installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping you can help me with some advice about the water temp in our shower.

We recently had a combi boiler installed and since then the shower only ever gets luke warm even when the temp control is at the maximum - pressure is fine and hot water comes through the bathroom taps perfectly well, but can't seem to get past warm in the shower.

If I turn the mains down slightly, will this help to improve the hw flow? The company that installed the boiler said it's more than likely a problem with the mixer unit but we only replaced this a few months ago and it was working fine with the old boiler system - I'm reluctant to buy another one if the same problem might happen again.

Sponsored Links
if you reduce the flow rate at the shower control does the temperature increase?

Was ur old system a Combi, or did you hav low pressure type (tanks in loft) it maybe your shower is not suitable for Combi (high pressure hot water)

if you reduce the flow rate at the shower control does the temperature increase?

Maybe slightly but it doesn't make a huge difference and it doesn't work all the time. I also thought if I ran the cold tap in the bathroom while I was in the shower this might help but no change unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Was ur old system a Combi, or did you hav low pressure type (tanks in loft) it maybe your shower is not suitable for Combi (high pressure hot water)

The old boiler wasn't a combi, we had a tank in the loft that fed the bathroom and a seperate hot water tank as well. The pressure is actually better with the combi than it was before but the temperature is peaking at warm.

U answered ur own question u hav an old low pressure shower now fitted to a high mains pressure system. Most are not compatable and if they are, they dont work well as u are finding

U answered ur own question u hav an old low pressure shower now fitted to a high mains pressure system. Most are not compatable and if they are, they dont work well as u are finding

Is it just the shower mixer I need to replace? We only changed it a few months ago.

Most likely that you need to replace the mixer, yes. What make/model boiler have you had installed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back