Luke warm water from shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a bath with a fixed shower head which is controlled with a thermostatic shower valve, and at the other end of the bath I have normal hot and cold taps. The water that comes out of the hot water tap is steaming and hot. The water that comes out of the fixed shower head is luke warm when on maximum.

We're about to re-tile our bathroom and am considering our options re the water temperature from the shower head and valve. Is it possible/easy/straight forward to fix the problem or would it be better to scrap the existing and buy a new one?

As far as I can see, we have a Swadling invincible exposed chrome dual central thermostatic shower valve with a fixed head and single function handset.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Penster

Sponsored Links
hmm, not sure. Half the length of the bath is surrounded by wall, if this makes any sense, so would be quite difficult to get to underneath the bath. Need to get my thinking cap on as to how to get to those pipes.......

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but won't the same pipe providing water to the shower be the same pipe providing water to the hot and cold taps at the other end of the shower and the sink?

if its a exposed mixer can't you feel it at the mixer valve where it enters ?

Sponsored Links
Oh I see, I thought those things were just where it holds onto the wall.........I'm guessing they're pipes for hot and cold :oops:

are you still getting a good flow when on fully hot same as on fully cold ?

sounds like the cartridge inside has failed.

contact them on 01454 328 816

They're closed for lunch, I'll try in a bit.

The cartridge you mention, is that something that fits inside the valve? Is it something that can (easily?) be replaced? Or is it really a job for the pro's?

all part of the valve it is an easy job.
let us know how you get on.

personally never had any dealings with them.

So they guy I spoke to in the tech dept recommended taking out the cartridge and cleaning it as it could be clogged up with limescale. If that doesn't work then I could get a new cartridge for around £150.

I don't know anything about plumbing or showers, but that seems quite a lot?

they all variy from about £80 to £150

stick it in some descaler overnight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back