Shower valve adjustment

Yeah that makes sense in regards to water flow. The bath and shower do dispense a lot of water so could be that it’s in essence too powerful for the boiler. Think it’s one for the plumber as I have tried to figure out how to get to the temperate valve in the shower but have no clue ( no screws or anything ) to try and recalibrate the shower so to speak. It has a setting showing 38 degree which you then have to press in to get any hotter- suppose if that 38 degrees is incorrect then the max temp will be based off that so could be off?

Sponsored Links
Take a pic of the "temperature" end and post it here.
As said in earlier post ,if you slow down the shower flow by the left hand valve ,then the water should be hotter ,you replied it made no difference. So that points toward a fault within the shower mixer.
If you press in the button and turn handle to hotter ,does temperature alter at all ,after a minute or so ?

Terry - apologies you appear to be right. I have just tried again but left a little longer to warm up and low and behold the shower turns hot when on low flow. Can this be resolved or do I just have to live with it? It’s not very powerful- also my bath only has one flow there are two temperate one for hot and one tap for cold? Thanks for your help - much appreciated

OK that's a different scenario altogether. That's indicative of the boiler not delivering the temperature that you want , at the desired flow rate ( I.e.at full flow ).
What make and model of boiler do you have , and could do with knowing how many litres of water your shower delivers when running full pelt ,in one minute.
Or get a central heating engineer in to check out the boilers performance.

Sponsored Links
Alpha 24x not sure on age but it looks relatively new. Will see if I can measure how much water is coming out. To be honest the bath doesn’t bother me as such I wouldn’t never have one anyway. The shower is very powerful on full pelt and the bath tap dispenses a lot of water.. would getting an electric shower resolve this?

Put a big bucket under shower head ,running at full, time for one minute. Then measure how many litres of water are in the bucket ,measuring jug if you have one ,or empty milk bottle etc.Really need to know what your set up is giving.
Generally speaking a combi boiler is more powerful than electric showers . Most electric showers will not give more than 6 or 7 litres per minute during winter months ,if that.
As combi's and electric showers take in cold water from the mains ,and heat it as the water runs through, during winter the temperature of the incoming cold water is a lot colder ,but they both can only raise the temperature by a given amount. So during summer months you will find ,even with your current set up ,that you will get much hotter water ,and can consequentially increase the flow.

Your problem is your boiler can only produce 9.5L/min @35 degree rise, your rain shower will be much higher than that, you will have to slow the flow rate till it is hot enough for you, will be a bit better in the summer when the incoming water temp is a bit higher

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back