luke warm water on a baxi combi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
noticed that the hot water temp never seesm to go above 50 degrees recently, have checked the shower, bath and kitchen and bathroom sink tap and all are the same.

even with the boilet water temp turned all the way up the temperature reaches around 50 and then stops heating any higher, its not too bad for a shower or using a tap but means a bath is pretty freezing by the time it fills.

any ideas what would be causing it or any troubleshooting tips to point me in the right direction. thanks for any help as always

Sponsored Links
when CH is on they go to whatever i have the dial set to, if i have it turned to max they light all the way to max and the same if i have it set on a low temp and the lights remain on the correct temp

could be the dhw thermistor, if its showing its heating and its not, but only way to know is take a cold water temp, take a hw temp take away the diffrence compare the temp rise with the performace as lsited on product spec, also check flow rate

Sponsored Links
it is heating the water but only to a max of 50, even if i turn the water temp dial up to max it still wont go above 50 degrees, jsut seesm to be cutting off at that point and not heating any higher than that

First thing I would check as basics is the DV. Does the flow pipe get hot under the boiler when turning a hot tap on?

Next burner pressure and working pressure at the meter.

Then ntc's, next the plate HE for blockages.

The led's on the front do not always tell the full story ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back