Luke warm water throughout house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last few weeks, i have noticed that despite the water being on for hours, the water from the taps and showers run hot at first for a minute then runs lukewarm thereafter. Have not had to use any cold water when washing using hot tap. Have had british gas out and they turned up the mixer tap on the water tank and told me i had a separate problem with the showers and to get a shower expert. He felt that the water temp was ok but agreed it was not boiling. The day after the water started running lukewarm again from taps and gas heated showers!!the boiler a Potterson Suprema 50L is turned on full, the pilot light comes on every time the water or heating is on. The thermostat on the water tank is on its maximum 90%, and will not go any higher. pipes around water tank are hot.seems to be intermittent as if you turn the water on to heat and then turn the mixer down then back up again water stays hotter longer. British gas been out again and sods law water from tap ran hot whilst they were here and then this afternoon started going lukewarm again!!!! aaarrgghh!!! they have said they can change the mixer valve on the tank but dont feel this is the problem, but cannot suggest anythings else. can anyone else help as lived here for the last 3 yrs and know that there is a change but the engineers that come out dont agree.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back