LukeWarm water TurboMax 242E?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of issues.

Edit : I have the Turbomax bolier with the green dials which is boiler 3 on this page

http://www.vaillantservice.co.uk/Id...ler_Model_Ecotec_Turbomax_Ecomax_VCW_VUW.html

When looking at the machine there is a microswitch on the far right that depresses when hot water is called for.

6 months ago it stopped working because it was not "strong" enough to activate the switch. So I added a small amount of tape which reduced the travel and it worked great for 6 months.

Saturday it stopped working so I bit the bullet and ordered the microswitch twin pack of Ebay.

In order to get hot water for the past couple of days I was depressing it manually to allow people to shower.

I now have another issue, which may or may not be related.

When depressing the switch the water hot water gets Lukewarm at best. Central heating is fine. Want to avoid an enginner call out if possible so wondering if there is anything I can try before I pick up the phone.

Sponsored Links
Instead of adding bits of tape to the pin, i would call an engineer to fix the reason the pin isn't 'strong enough' in the first place. This is also the reason your hot water is now only lukewarm ;)

Thanks for your reply :)

Happy to pay if it's not a DIY job. But I guess that's why we have these forums right?

Any pointers in the right direction?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back