Macerator advice

Sponsored Links
It will fail, it will get clogged, and will cause issues,

Much like air admittance valve on soil stacks, they cause more issues than they resolve
Clogged with what, slurry? Hope you have read all posts in this thread.

Sponsored Links
It will fail, it will get clogged, and will cause issues,

Much like air admittance valve on soil stacks, they cause more issues than they resolve

It will have a cushion of air beneath it, which will prevent any detritus from macerator taking route up tee branch. Use of the basin will keep it clean also when it opens up from that direction.

Got a photo of the room so far?
Someone may be able to suggest a suitable fix for this problem.

I'll start, sell the house and move... :)

Ha ha, yes moving house would solve this but probably create a few more headaches....

Most macerator can pump upwards at least one floor.

But the back pressure in horizontal usage depends on the flow resistance.

When pumping upwards I needed a good non return valve and used a larger diameter metal one.

When pumping upwards I needed a good non return valve and used a larger diameter metal one.
Would of been better using a manufactures own nrv, designed and accounted for when the pump was going through R&D

I did use the maker's original NRV at first. A nasty cheap plastic thing which leaked and caused the unit to repump every 20 minutes or so.

That is what started my quest for a suitable NRV which would not leak at all.

I did use the maker's original NRV at first. A nasty cheap plastic thing which leaked and caused the unit to repump every 20 minutes or so.

That is what started my quest for a suitable NRV which would not leak at all.
Supplied with a cheapo pump no doubt however to introduce a heavy brass nrv with a heavy flap valve will have done nothing for the life span of the motor.

I do not see the brass flap as being very significant compared to the 3m tall pipe full of water to get moving.

Many pumps can start into a closed water circuit.

I remember starting 5 kW pump motors and then opening the valves and they were nearly 40 years old. And ran for another 20 years.

I do not see the brass flap as being very significant compared to the 3m tall pipe full of water to get moving.

Many pumps can start into a closed water circuit.

I remember starting 5 kW pump motors and then opening the valves and they were nearly 40 years old. And ran for another 20 years.
No, I know you dont and would you believe that adding that valve will take around 1m off the maximum vertical lift the pump has been designed around and as for the rest of the post, it is totally pointless.
G`day.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back