Macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason why I can't run a macerator WC directly into the waste pipe of a sink that flows into an open hopper, then into the mains sewer?

Sponsored Links
Maybe I've worded it wrong. Lets try again.

Can I connect a macerator to inch and a quarter pipe that subsequently runs into a hopper outside, which then feeds into mains sewer as opposed to rainwater

NO!!! :eek:

Macerator discharge still needs to be treated as soil, and have a direct connection to the drain or stack. Discharging into an open hopper is illegal, will create an unholy mess and likely stink to high heaven. The flies might like it but Building Control would have a blue fit should they see it! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind those things are the devils own work when they go wrong. Whatever length of pipe leaving the macerator before it starts to fall to the discharge point will be full of minced waste... A lot of engineers wont work on them as its a filthy job....

Golden rules: Dont put anything through it that hasnt been through you, and always have a second W.C. in the property that is connected to the drain for when the macerator wont work! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back