Macerator wont pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I know macerators are hated by most plumbers but i have a problem with mine again and was after some assistance if possible. Last night when i got in from work the toilet seemed quite full of water as if the macerator had not pumped away the toilet water when it was last flushed. I switched the macerator off at the wall and back on and it kicked in and emptied the toilet, i flushed the loo and it just filled the macerator and the toilet with water its as if the macerator doest know its full and needs to empty because its still got power and is not blocked.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
On the ones ive seen they have a level switch like a miniature version of the ones on washing machines...in other words a small tube operating a pressure switch by an air column. The tube might be blocked maybe or have an air leak? I've also had the little circuit board / timer go faulty...check for burnt components where so fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back