Macerator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I recently had a Macerator installed in my under stair cupboard. Now my daughter decided it would be a good idea to put a flushable wipe down the loo which jambed the macerator up....i called out the local saniflo engineer straight away, but it took ages for him to come out, but when he did he removed the wipe, but now when we flush the toilet the macerator does not kick in straight away it sometimes kicks in up to 10 minutes later...you can actually flush the toilet more than twice and then the toilet is full of water and the macerator hasn't kicked in...then like i say maybe 10 mins later it will..and sometimes it just goes by itself at random times when no ones been in the loo...

Was wondering if there was some sort of setting that could be changed or if the engineer had altered something while fixing it and forgot to change the setting back...or is it just a simple box without and changeable settings.

Yes i'd call the engineer back out but if its a case of waiting a week again for him to come just to turn a screw or flick a switch that i could do tonight or tomorrow i'd rather do that. Please forgive my lack of knowledge on the whole macerator thing

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back