Macerator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, I have a Turboflush macerator in my ground floor bathroom that has been problematic for a week or two now. It has run fine for a couple of years, but a couple of weeks ago the mechanism refused to kick in following the flush. Another attempt straight after didn't work either, and because of the pressure of all the extra accumulated water, the macerator started leaking at the seams.

After a few hours, I tried flushing again, and the macerator worked fine. I flushed again several times to check it, and each successive flush made the macerator operate, but each time it sounded a little more labored than the previous attempt, until finally after four or five test flushes, it refused to kick in again, and started leaking at the seams once more.

This pattern just repeats now - it will work a few times in a row more or less ok, but then refuse to kick in after four or five successive flushes and start leaking, but will then work again after a period of inactivity.

It doesn't sound blocked or jammed, but on about the third or fourth test flush, there is a noticeable gurgling, perhaps of water flowing back inside?

I am wondering if perhaps there is a bit of a blockage some way down the outflow pipe, and that after several flushes the water backs up far enough to cause the leaking and lack of operation? Or maybe something wrong with the mechanism itself or the electrical components? Appreciate any advice anyone may have. Otherwise I may gave to call the Saniflo chap to take a look.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pressure switch requires changing :rolleyes: best get Saniflo to check :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back