MADE IN CHINA

Sponsored Links
Even top brands like M&S are all made abroad. If you don't buy Chinese you do buy anything.

M&S aren't a top brand, they are just another high street store... There is still british made clothing available if you would care to look... Just not in your local huge retailer..

Do stores only look to China for suppliers?

However is one of the reasons for this deficit not down to our own manufacturers not being aggressive enough in attacking the Chinese markets?

I'd say one of the main reasons is wanton greed. Manufacturers and retailers alike only care about their shareholders and pander to the demand for ever greater profit, the welfare of the country and its population comes a very poor second. Close factories here and ship it all abroad to maximise those profits somebody else will pay the unemployed.
Someone has pointed out in another thread some time ago how the UK has many many more people in managing jobs compared to China in proportion to the actual workforce, i.e. they aren't as top heavy as we are.
I recently went to a "Let's do business" event run by north staffs chamber of commerce and whilist a few did give decent advice I was appalled at the amount of spivs and charletons there, "business solution advisors" "wealth management " companies and so on, all unproductive bodies. Yes they may be making a profit themselves but all they are really doing is moving money around not creating any new money or indeed anything .I felt like saying " get a real job". Still I came away with bags of goodies.

Then they should work cheap... Until they realise that buying cheap imports is cutting their own throats then I have no sympathy.

I like quality, I hate stuff that doesn't last...

i bet you are cutting your own throat more than you think

with your british car can be around 80% imported components
you steak' fillet off fish or turkey can be called british and only been on british soil for a few hours as long as the last process was on british soil

Sponsored Links
Sadly you can't get round the issue of foreign parts in British assembled cars, so you may as well go for a car that will last and is easy to maintain..

Fish too is a tricky one as fish don't carry passports but I do know the farms where my meat and poultry is reared as I don't buy meat and poultry from supermarkets..

It is easy to say that Britain is done for, to be negative but I don't see it that way

....... Then it moved to Taiwan as Hong Kong got richer.....Then Korea....

It we, the consumer, didn't buy such cheap tat, then the manufacturers would stop making it.

We only have ourselves to blame!!

Does anyone remember that other label 'Empire Made'?

It we, the consumer, didn't buy such cheap tat, then the manufacturers would stop making it.

We only have ourselves to blame!!

You are right there, whats the old adage: buy the best and you only cry once.

just to put a bit off balance here
there is no such thing as a country region area that only produce cheap tat
with the right equipment and quality standards any where can produce the same quality
it is true that some areas are better at quality than others but this is more likely to be because the money encouragement and education has been in there favour

most quality manufacturers use these developing countries to make there products the difference is they invest in the people and facilitys

Sponsored Links
Back