Made me smile anyway

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is it better to have no sleeving at all?

I find the copper on show more worrying than the sleeving.

Last time I was in one of the DIY sheds, I noticed they had bits of red and black sleeving in little plastic bags along with a couple of rolls of PVC tape (red and black again)on the shelf, but they didn't stock any brown sleeving at all :rolleyes:

Is it better to have no sleeving at all?
No.

But it's at the light fitting/rose where it's more vital.

I find the copper on show more worrying than the sleeving.
Careless work, but the power should be off when anybody can access it, and it won't cause confusion which could blow fuses/trash switches etc.

Last time I was in one of the DIY sheds, I noticed they had bits of red and black sleeving in little plastic bags along with a couple of rolls of PVC tape (red and black again)on the shelf, but they didn't stock any brown sleeving at all :rolleyes:
Sold out of brown, maybe?

Red & black should still be used on old-colour installations anyway.

Sold out of brown, maybe?

Red & black should still be used on old-colour installations anyway.

No, not sold out. I actually asked their 'electrical expert' :rolleyes: - he said they only stock red, black and green/yellow.

As I have about 100 yards of the stuff in the back of the garage, I'm thinking of bagging it up in 6" lengths, and trying to sell it off it to them for a quid a pop. ;)

their 'electrical expert' :rolleyes:

bqanimws1.gif

:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back